Chip from the rough. (It's taken me an hour to come up with that rubbish pun)
Hello! I can't imagine anyone's reading this but I can't work at the moment - computer upgrades- so I thought I'd write for a bit.
Thank you greatly to Chip (for whom it was a milestone birthday) who organised and very graciously paid for this previous weekend in a stately home in the Dumfries and Galloway area of Scotland. Not only that, but allowing the missus and I to have our way and nab one of the two biggest rooms in the place - featuring space for a giant bed, a sofa and a vintage arm chair (space also to dance around like a loon if desired) and a gorgeous view of the grounds, not to mention the en suite bathroom with Jacuzzi.
Thanks also for trusting the two of us enough to not move your car from the vicinity of the pitch and putt golf holes. Nearly misplaced though - presumeable you didn't see my second tee-off? -which flew majestically into the air with perfect grace. Unfortunately it was heading straight for the afformentioned vehicle, looking like it was to fall straight through one of the the windscreens with incredible force. My jaw fell to the floor, hands placed on head, very nearly closed my eyes pretending it wasn't happening.
. . .
Luckily my depth perception is rubbish and the ball landed two metres behind the car. I took a drop shot - not even attempting to pitch from gravel. After that hole we decided to stop golf for a while.
I had a brilliant weekend and am so relaxed about everything this week because of it (consciously anyway, I'm sure my sleep patterns tell a different story). We had two fantastically endulgent evening meals and a number of outdoor pursuits that we definitely wouldn't have done staying in York. It was a big reality check when I returned after pretending to own the massive house and land all weekend. Hopefully something similar can be organised again soon to fuel my megalomanic fantasies. Cheers again. Hope you also had a wonderful time.


2 Comments:
I've only read this post because I had an alternative source telling me it had happened!
I did have a very good time, thank you. And if your depth perception is that bad, perhaps golf isn't your sport! (Nor clay-pigeon shooting, snooker, tennis, pretty much any game really ... except possibly snap.)
If we both keep working on Lint, perhaps he'll have a go at doing a similar thing next year.
11:13 pm
Not sure I like the sound of being "worked on"... :-)
9:42 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home